QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most recommended and appreciated accounting software in the market. It has occupied more than 85% of the accounting software market of the US and Canada. However, there are various errors and issues in QuickBooks that can be faced due to several reasons. If we talk about a common issue then the QuickBooks performance issues can be put under the list of most commonly faced issues. In such scenarios, you start facing various performance issues such as QuickBooks is running slow, QuickBooks is not responding, QuickBooks Won’t Open etc.
QuickBooks is running slow is not an error but it can reduce your workflow and your QuickBooks software may start crashing suddenly. If you are also going through the same performance issues then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing an in-depth solution for your QuickBooks performance issues. You can also get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get an instant resolution for your issues.
Why QuickBooks Is Running Slow?
There can be various factors that can cause performance issues in the QuickBooks software. It is important to know the actual cause because it will help you to resolve your issue easily. Some of the most common causes due to which QuickBooks performance issues occur are as follow:
- Multiple QuickBooks files such as customers lists, company files, vendors list portable files etc are running at the same time.
- The file that you are trying to access is damaged or not physically available in your system.
- Your QuickBooks company files have reached their maximum size limits.
- Too many programs are running in the background and QuickBooks couldn’t consume enough amount of RAM space that it requires.
- Presence of various inactive and irrelevant elements in your system.
- Firewall settings are not configured in a way that suits QuickBooks and that’s why all the outgoing and incoming traffic is being blocked by the firewall and your QuickBooks software faces a random crash.
- QuickBooks version installed in your system is outdated and it is not able to handle the amount of data you have created till now.
What To Do To Run QuickBooks Smoother?
We all know that QuickBooks is a heavy software and it requires good system configuration to work faster or smoother. Most of the time, performance issues in QuickBooks occurs due to the low configuration of your system. You must fulfill the minimum configuration requirements to run QuickBooks and to run QuickBooks smoothly, you should fulfill the required configuration of your system. You can perform the following steps in order to resolve the QuickBooks performance issues:
- Run your default internet browser and remove system cache and cookies.
- Make sure your LAN connection is working properly. If you find any issue then fix it.
- Reset your WAN
- Download the latest updates of QuickBooks.
- Upgrade your QuickBooks subscription to increase the file size limit.
- Upgrade from Pro to Premier or Enterprise as per requirement
- Upgrade from Premier to Enterprise
- Upgrade your Payroll subscription as required
- Upgrade your POS subscription as required
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and close all the irrelevant processes running in the background.
- Increase your system configuration such as RAM, Hard Disk, Processor, etc.
- Run Install Diagnostic Tool to fix installation-related issues.
- Install all the available Windows and drivers updates.
- Use Disk Cleanup to remove system junk.
- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve all data damage issues.
- Perform a system restore to an earlier date when your QuickBooks was running fine.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is set up for multi-user mode properly.
- If you are using QuickBooks in single-user mode then make sure multi-user mode is not active.
- Try to restore the backup of your company file.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using clean install tool.
- Make sure there are no multiple installations of QuickBooks. If there is then uninstall one of them.
- Configure firewall settings and internet security settings of your system according to QuickBooks.
- Remove all the customers, vendors, suppliers from the lists that you no longer use.
Types Of Situation When QB Become Slow
Refer to the following table in order to get information about the situation when your QuickBooks software starts running slow.
|Types of QB Slow Issue||Reason Behind Slow QB|
|QuickBooks Slow To Open||While Opening QuickBooks Software, the user has a wait long to see the flash screen|
|QuickBooks Slow Over Network||Due to some changes in server setting may slow down QB to open|
|QuickBooks Slow To Load Over Network||If QB is running on Local Network Server some User may experience kind of issue|
|QuickBooks Slow To Start||User See the Flash Screen but they unable to get Main QuickBooks View and have to wait long|
|QuickBooks Slow To Open Windows 7||Due to some services on Windows 7, User may experience Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Slow For One User||In Multi-user mode One of the users facing slowdown issue while using QB|
|QuickBooks Slow Access Over Network||Due to Local Intranet Connectivity issue, QB Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Bank Feeds Slow||While pulling Bank feed from QB for Reconciliation|
|QuickBooks Slow Company File||Might be a QB Company file accessed by another user or located in another location.|
|QuickBooks Slow In Multi-User Mode||Due to load on the server, QuickBooks Open slow on the user’s system|
|QuickBooks Slow To Launch||After clicking on Company File QB takes time to open|
|QuickBooks Slow To Email Invoices||While sending Email Customer Invoices QuickBooks Work very slowly|
|QuickBooks Slow Loading||While accessing QB from a remote server or cloud server QB Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Slow Login||User has to wait for long after entering a login credential|
|QuickBooks Slow After Update||After applying updates QuickBooks Works Slow|
|QuickBooks Client Slow||If managing multiple companies fail, QB slow to open a single company|
|QuickBooks Slow To Generate Reports||User has too long waits to create reports|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Slow||Unable to verify all databases|
|QuickBooks Remote Access Slow||Remote Server Slow to process QuickBooks Files|
|QuickBooks Pos Slow||QuickBooks Point of Sale slow to process transactions|
|QuickBooks Export Slow||During files or report export, takes much time to process|
|QuickBooks Slow Printing||After pressing the print button user have to wait long for reports printing on the QB|
|QuickBooks Payroll Slow||Payroll Subscriber facing issue while accessing QB software|
|QuickBooks Slow Over Wireless||Probably QB APPS is slow on mobile or tablet|
|QuickBooks File Slow||Some file process to slow while performing operations|
|QuickBooks Mac Slow||Due to some critical issue, QB user unable to open it on MAC Laptop|
|QuickBooks Pro Slow||QuickBooks Pro User faces slowly while open|
|QuickBooks Slow On Windows 10||Windows 10 User faces Slow while few services are disabled|
|QuickBooks File Slow To Open||Either Company or the employee or Client file takes time to open|
|QuickBooks Scan Manager Slow||Sometimes Scan manage running very slow|
|QuickBooks Slow-Moving Inventory Report||Due to some service issue, QB Enterprise slow to generate Inventory Reports|
|QuickBooks Slow On Terminal Server||Due to a connectivity issue, Terminal server, taking time to open QB|
|QuickBooks Slow Switching Companies||Multi-Company QuickBooks takes too much time to switch to another|
|QuickBooks Slow Not Responding||After clicking on the QB Company button no action happens|
Support For QuickBooks Performance Issues
This article should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Performance issues with ease. You can also perform these solutions if your QuickBooks is not responding, QuickBooks crashes suddenly and other performance-related issues. We highly recommend you to create a backup of your QuickBooks company files on a regular basis so that you can easily restore them whenever you want them.
In case, if the issue couldn’t get resolved by performing these solutions then you need to get technical support services for it. You need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues.
Submit your review