QuickBooks is the accounting software developed and designed by Intuit. It is a well-known fact that QuickBooks is the most effective and efficient bookkeeping software. However, QuickBooks can run into some errors occasionally. For example, QuickBooks users who are on 2009 QuickBooks can face the QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated when they upgrade their computer to Windows 10. When trying to print from QuickBooks 2009 on a Windows 10 computer QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated occurs due to compatibility issues. The updates to 2009 QuickBooks have ended in the year 2012.
It is recommended to upgrade to the latest 2019 QuickBooks version as the 2009 version is now 10 years behind. Call us at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-210-5289 to upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks.
What Are The Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 20?
There are a number of reasons that causes QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated
- QuickBooks 2009 compatibility Issues with windows 10.
- Outdated QuickBooks 2009.
- Outdated Application key of QuickBooks.
- Unfounded printer drivers in the system.
- Registry Issues with the QuickBooks Software.
Resolve QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Step-1: Registry Backup And Restore Point
- Make a backup of the Windows Registry.
- Insert changes manually into the windows registry editor.
- Open the file menu and then export the registry, after that save the file.
- If required, then make a restore point to cancel the changes made in the Registry.
- When the time system restore point creation process will take a few minutes to complete, tap on OK when the process is finished.
Step-2: Configure The User Permissions
- Type regedit in the search bar which will display by tapping on the Window button, after that tap on OK.
- Choose to Run as Administrator option by Right-Click on regedit.
- In the left Pan Double-click on the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder.
- From the menu Right-click on the Software folder in the Pan and Selection Permission option.
- After that, a new window will show up, grant “Full Control” to the “Users” if it is not authorized and tap OK.
Step-3: Configure The Print Spooler Service
- Type msc in the Run Box that will come up after you press Windows + R key together at the same time.
- Choose “Properties” by right-clicking on the Print Spooler Service from the services list.
- Pause the Print Spooler Service.
- From Startup Type dropdown, choose Automatic
- Now tap on, Start the service again.
- Try to print something or Save a PDF, this should fix “QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated”
Step-4: Repair QuickBooks PDF Component QBprint.qbp File
- Open your Windows Control Panel and click on Programs and Features
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of the installed programs.
- Tap on, Change and initiate the repair process by following all the steps until the process finishes.
- When the QuickBooks Repair process completes restart your computer system.
- Try to print something or Save a PDF, this should fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated
Step-5: Updating Windows And Reinstall QuickBooks From The Scratch.
- Head to the Programs and Features by opening the Windows Control Panel.
- Before you uninstall the QuickBooks note down your QuickBooks License and Product Number.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks software from the list of installed program and by selecting the software and tap on Uninstall option.
- Follow the wizard steps till QuickBooks Uninstall.
- Restart the computer after downloading and installing the Windows Updates.
- Open the QuickBooks Installation folder or Insert the installation CD to advance to continue.
- Follow the installation steps to finish the QuickBooks Installation process.
- QuickBooks Reinstallation does solve many of QuickBooks Errors, you should be able to print by the completion of this method.
Step-6: Troubleshooting The Microsoft Document Writer – Windows Component
Windows has a pre-installed Windows Document Writer that helps in the printing process. It authorizes Windows to coordinate with QuickBooks to save information in PDF formats. If this component is missing or corrupted, then the QuickBooks users encounter the QB Error 20 –Printer Not Activated.
- Right-click on QuickBooks Icon on your desktop and choose Open File Location option from the menu.
- Go to the Temp folder and search for the folder that represents the version of your QuickBooks.
- Explore the Third Party Folder and then
- Find and double-click the exe file and let the installation process end.
- Open QuickBooks once to register the license.
- In case you have issues in installing ABS PDF driver or if it stops responding, then try the installation again.
- Once the installation process ends, try printing again to check if QuickBooks Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated is fixed or not.
Get QuickBooks Customer Support
If you are still facing the QB Error Code 20 –Printer Not Activated then call our technical assistance department at QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-210-5289 so they can help you to resolve your QuickBooks Error. It is recommended to update and use the latest version of QuickBooks software. Call our QuickBooks Pro Advisors of payrollsupportnumber.com at QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1800-210-5289 who can help you to choose the best-suited payroll package and services according to your business needs.
Submit your review