QuickBooks has recently released the 2019 version and along with that, QuickBooks has also discontinued the 2016 version. You may’ve heard about the discontinuation policy of Intuit under which Intuit expires a QuickBooks version which was released two years back so this year, the time has came for 2016 version of QuickBooks.
All the QuickBooks 2016 version users are getting notified about this discontinuation through email, in-product notification. There are so many rumors are going on in the market about the discontinuation of QuickBooks 2016 versions. Well, we don’t suggest you to believe in them. Also, if you want proper explanation of the expiration of QuickBooks 2016 then reading this full article will help you in that. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 (+1800-210-5289) to get additional information about it.
QuickBooks 2016 versions have been discontinued by Intuit from May 31, 2019. Now, all the QuickBooks 2016 users won’t be able to get any kind of services from Intuit and this includes technical support services as well.
How Your QuickBooks Version Will Be Affected?
There are rumors going around on the internet that QuickBooks 2016 will not be supported anymore and you won’t be able to do so. However, these are the rumors that need to be ignored completely. This discontinuation means that now Intuit won’t provide you any kind of technical support services, payroll services, other add-on services, critical security updates for QuickBooks 2016 versions although the basic software will work the way it was working before.
It is true that the basic software will like it was working earlier but important thing is that if you face you face any kind of issue while using the QuickBooks software then you won’t be able to get any support from Intuit which can be very dangerous for you. Other important thing is that you can’t use the payroll services on your QuickBooks 2016 versions. Payroll is one of the most important processes if you own a business and loosing the access to it can affect your business badly. So we recommend you to upgrade your QuickBooks 2016 to 2019 version as soon as possible.
What Versions Will Get Expired
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Along with the technical support services, below-mentioned services have also discontinued by Intuit:
- Basic, Standard and Assisted payroll
- Worker’s Comp
- QuickBooks Workforce
- QuickBooks Merchant Services
- Recurring Payments
- Automatic Credit Card Billing
- Intuit Check Solutions
- QuickBooks Technical Support
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer
- Multicurrency Exchange Rates
- Bill payment
- Online Backup
- Online Banking
The above-mentioned services are mandatory to run your business smoothly and loosing access to them can have a bad impact on your system. If you want to continue with these services then the way is upgrading your QuickBooks to 2017, 18 or 19 versions. Yes, you read it right. You will be able to use all these services even if you upgrade your QuickBooks to 2017 or 18 version. But, that won’t be a beneficial deal for you because if you upgrade your QuickBooks 2017 version then you will have to go through the same process next year as well. As we have mentioned that every year Intuit discontinues a version which was released two years back and by that logic and if you upgrade your software to the 2019 version then you will have a peace of mind till 2022.
How To Install QuickBooks To The Latest Release?
Step 1: Install And Activate Your New QuickBooks
- Download the installation source for QuickBooks 2019 version from official website of Intuit.
- Run installation and follow the on-screen prompts to install and activate QuickBooks 2019 on your system.
Note: You’ll have to enter the new license and product number that you received on your registered email..
Having trouble activating QuickBooks? Get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
Step 2: Prepare Your QuickBooks File For Update
- Go to the folder where your QuickBooks files are saved. You can press the F2 key from where you can see under the file information window.
- If the files are saved on a server then it’ll be better if you update your files on your local system. You can save the backup copy on an external drive and then restore it to your system.
Note: Once you are done with the update, you need to move the files to its original location.
- To avoid the data loss situation, it is highly recommended to use the rebuild utility tool before upgrading.
Step 3: Update your QuickBooks company file
Your QuickBooks company files get updated by QuickBooks before you use them. If the company files get updated, you won’t be able to use them on previous versions. Well it is not something to be worried about because QuickBooks always asks you to run a backup before converting a file, just to be safe.
- All the users should be logged out from the company file
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open a Company File > Restore a backup copy
- Click on Next.
Note: Choose Local backup if you are opening a backup copy.
- Locate your company file and then click on Open.
- Log in to the file with administrator rights.
- QuickBooks will tell you to upgrade the company file. You need to click on Update Now
Note: Before updating the company file, QuickBooks runs a complete backup of your file. You can select Change this default location if you want to change the location of backup.
- Click on Done once the update process finishes.
What To Do After Updating The Company File?
Things that you need to keep in mind after updating your QuickBooks software are as given below:
- Save the created backup in a secured location to make sure you don’t lose your data.
- If you are on a server environment and you have copied your company files to your local system and then updated it then you need move it back to its original location.
- If the updated files couldn’t be find then you need to check your folder permissions and then display the hidden files and folders in Windows. You can also search for the .QBW files from the Windows Explorer.
- You need to download the latest tax tables, security updates because the older ones are no longer compatible with the new one. It also helps you in running the QuickBooks software much smother.
- Turn on Automatic Updates so that your software gets updated automatically.
QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019
Hopefully, you are now clear about the discontinuation of the QuickBooks 2016 versions. We recommend you to not believe in the false claims and rumors because they are being created just to con you. This article will provide you all the required information about the discontinuation of 2016 versions and along with it, this article has also provided the procedure to update your QuickBooks software to the latest release. However, you may face some technical glitches while updating your QuickBooks software. There can be situations when your update process gets hindered by various factors and you can’t perform the update process properly. In such scenarios, you can look out for technical support from the certified ProAdvisors of QuickBooks. For this, you just have to pick up your phone and dial our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and you will be directly connected to the QB experts who will look into your matter and provide you solutions accordingly.
Submit your review
I got my software updated when i call QuickBooks Upgrade Support Number. The person i speak with is very helpful and kind to me.
I was facing problems while using QuickBooks when my QuickBooks 2016 gets expired.I contact QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 and they helped me.